The County Durham Safeguarding Adults Inter-Agency Partnership is a range of public authorities who share a duty to keep adults in County Durham safe from abuse, harm and neglect.
We have the following goals:
- encourage people to report abuse
- protect people who experience abuse
- prevent abuse from happening
- deal effectively with perpetrators
Many incidents are not reported so we are unable to offer support and protection. Adult protection aims to ensure that people's lives are free from violence, harassment, humiliation and degradation.
We want to hear from you if you have any concerns, for example, if you suspect or see ill treatment of any sort when the victim is a vulnerable person. Reporting abuse to Social Care Direct is very simple and straight forward even if you wish remain anonymous.
We would like to ask you to complete our public survey to help us gauge how far reaching the safeguarding message is and to help us direct our efforts to raise awareness of the subject. To access the survey please click on the link below.
We know that we have to work together to be effective. We have a multi-agency Safeguarding Adults Board which includes people from leading statutory organisations to oversee this work:
The statutory agencies for SAB are:
- Durham Constabulary
- Adult and Health Services (Durham County Council)
- Durham Dales, Easington & Sedgefield Clinical Commissioning Group
- Primary Care (North Durham Clinical Commissioning Group)
Other agencies include:
- Mental Health Services (Tees, Esk and Wear Valley Foundation Trust)
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Age UK Durham
- Her Majesty's Prison Service
- Care Quality Commission
- National Probation Service
- NHS England
- The Fire Service
- higher/further education
The Safeguarding Adults Board has an independent chair.
Communication and Engagement Strategy
We have produced the following. This strategy set out what we will do to improve engagement and raise awareness, promoting key messages about safeguarding adults.
Ourcontains an overview of our work and achievements over the last 12 months.