We hope you find the following information useful. Please note that although links are monitored, the Durham Safeguarding Adults Partnership cannot be held responsible for the information contained in other websites.
Links to websites
- Durham County Council Safeguarding Adults
- Durham County Council: domestic abuse
- Safe Durham Partnership
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust safeguarding adults
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust safeguarding adults
- Care Quality Commission
- Durham Community Action safeguarding
- Cloverleaf Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service - Home Fire Safety Visits
- Harbour domestic abuse services
- Healthwatch County Durham
- Durham County Carers Support
- Locate: care and support in County Durham
- Disclosure and Barring Service
The Herbert Protocol
The protocol outlines a scheme aimed at supporting family, friends, and care providers when vulnerable adults go missing. Anyone throughout County Durham and Darlington can request to be involved in this initiative if they know of or care for an adult who is at risk of going missing or wandering.
The aim of this scheme is to give you a formal mechanism to make inquiries about your partner if you are worried that they may have been abusive in the past.
Hate crime is a criminal offence where the victim is targeted because of their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
Mate crime happens when people with learning disabilities are befriended by someone who uses the relationship to exploit or abuse the person.
- Care and Support Statutory Guidance
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 Code of Practice
- County Durham Care Academy
- Durham Insights
National SAR Analysis - 7 Minute Briefings
- Briefing for individuals and their families - Analysis of Safeguarding Adults Reviews
- Briefing for practitioners - Analysis of Safeguarding Adults Reviews
- Briefing for Safeguarding Adults Reviews Authors - Analysis of Safeguarding Adults Reviews
- Briefing for Senior Leaders - Analysis of Safeguarding Adults Reviews
- Briefing for Safeguarding Adult Board Chairs and Business Managers - Analysis of Safeguarding Adults Reviews
- Briefing for Elected Members - Analysis of Safeguarding Adults Reviews