Frequently asked questions
View our frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Click on a question below to jump to the answer:
- Who can be abused?
- Where will I get a copy of the policy and procedures?
- When should I make a safeguarding referral?
- When can I use the Independent Mental Capacity Advocate Service (IMCA)?
- What sort of help should we be offering to safeguarding victims?
- Can someone make an anonymous referral?
- Do I always need the victim's consent to make a safeguarding referral?
- Should the victim attend the strategy?
- Should the perpetrator be invited to the strategy?
- What should I do if I discuss my concerns with my manager who refuses to make a safeguarding referral?
- What should I do if I make a safeguarding referral and the manager decides not to do anything?
- What is an Executive Strategy?
- Should I make a safeguarding referral if the victim insists on reporting the matter to the police?