Information about our website accessibility policies and procedures.
We want everyone who visits our website to be able to access the full range of services available, regardless of their skill or technology.
This website was re-launched in November 2018.
How accessible the site is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible.
There are known issues with the:
- content: this includes web page content or documents
Feedback and contact information
If you have any accessibility problems or feedback, please email us at email@example.com.
If you need to contact us about any other issues, please use our contact us page.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you're not happy with how we respond, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Durham County Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Under the Equality Act 2010 we must ensure we do not unlawfully discriminate in our service delivery and make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities where necessary. We are constantly working to improve the accessibility and usability of our site.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
Main site - documents
- images in documents: some images / figures do not have an alt tag, failing success criterion 1.1.1
- documents: PDFs are not tagged so are not accessible by screen readers, failing success criterion 1.3.1
- document titles: some documents have no title failing success criterion 2.4.2
Content that's not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- PDFs and documents (pre September 2018): PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 or documents that are not essential to providing our services
- pre-recorded audio and video published before 23 September 2020
Preparation of this statement
This statement was prepared on July 2020. It was last reviewed on 31 May 2022.
We re-assess the code, design and content of a website, application or system for accessibility whenever it undergoes a major modification. We do this internally using a combination of automated and manual checking.
Main site page content is manually checked every time it is updated.